Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pisay '77 Mini-Reunion in Cubao








Note: Click on the photos to see larger images.

Last Tuesday, November 13, 2007, some of my batchmates (PSHS Class of 1977) and I had a mini-reunion in a restaurant in Cubao, Quezon City, Philippines. The following were present during the reunion:

1. Fidel Borja
2. Keku Domingo
3. Rolly Banez
4. Alvin Matos
5. Mon Castillo
6. Butch Reyes
7. Claire Farolan-Martinez
8. Rene Abad
9. Mary "Inday" Biron-Tolentino
10. Chona Ramos
11. Raffy Saldana


Here is a summary of what transpired during the"business meeting" last November 13, 2007.

1. I reported that there is currently around PhP225,000 pesos from the recent fund-rasing campaign that the batch can use for Phase 2 of our 30th Anniversary Batch Project.

2. Mon Castillo reiterated the need to beef up thecomputers and equipment in the "Internet Cafe" in thePSHS dormitories.

3. The group agreed to allocate funds for theDormitory Internet Cafe project before December 15. A marker with the name of PSHS Class of 1977 as donorwill be put up in the Dormitory Internet Cafe. There will be "ribbon cutting ceremony" (to be arranged with Jessamyn) on December 15 to highlight Phase Two of ourbatch project for our 30th anniversary.

4. After the Ribbon Cutting Ceremony on Dec. 15, thebatch will proceed to the Jala-Jala property of Mon Castillo in Rizal province for the batch Christmas party (overnight stay) and will leave the following day. Food will be on Potluck basis. Details about the Chistmas party will be announced later.

Cheers,

Raffy
The Pisay '77 Blogger
11/17/07

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Raf,
By this time you are at the highest peak in Taiwan - enjoy the view but remain grounded. You have done much and continue to do so. I think you even surprised yourself.
That mini-reunion made me realize that home is where the heart is. Bacolod is often lonely but now, I only need to think of friends and I am home.

Unknown said...

Raf my blogsite
http://360.yahoo.com/client_first

this one has videos i made and my accumulated flostsom and jetsom as i waded through life. the essence of my 'personal life' 30 years post pisay. you see my daughters at their gregarius best and even me dancing :)