Thursday, November 22, 2007

Trip To Taiwan, Day 4. Nov. 21, 2007


TRIP TO TAIWAN
Nov. 18 - 26, 2007

ICT-Asia Regional Seminar
Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan

Wednesday, 21st of November 2007


10:00 a.m. Session VIII: Semantic Web and New Generation Internet Digital Content

  • "Machine Translation for Khmer Language and GIS for Pnom Penh Localization," Sereysethy TOUCH, Institut de Technologie du Combodge, Cambodia

  • "Digital Interactive Media in I2R," Joo-Hwee LIM, IPAL-CNRS, Singapore
10:50 a.m. Coffee Break

11:20 a.m. Session IX: Preparation for 5th Call for Proposals, Chairman: Mr. Christian THIMONIER, Vice-Director in charge of Scientific Cooperation and Research at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs

12:50 Closing/Lunch

In the afternoon, the seminar participants had a tour of the National Palace Museum. However, I did not join the tour because I had a meeting with the Academia Sinica GRID Computing Center (ASGC) from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.

At the ASGC, I met the director, Dr. Simon LIN and his staff. We discussed our group's (Ateneo de Manila University Grid and High Performance Computing Group) participation in the project, EU-Asia Grid.

After my visit to the ASGC, I met with my ONCO-MEDIA colleagues and we had a dinner at a restaurant in the National Park.

Later, Allan Espinosa accompanied me to the Shilin Night Market near the Jiantan MRT Station.

No comments: