Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Trip to Xiamen, China (Day 1)

Today (Nov. 1, 2007) I am leaving for Xiamen, China to attend the 3rd EASIAM Annual Conference hosted by Xiamen University.

Details of the conference are found in the following website:

http://www.math.hkbu.edu.hk/easiam_Xiamen/

This will be my fourth trip to Mainland China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau). I first visited Mainland China in October 1996 when I presented a paper at the International Conference on Ecological Engineering in Beijing. My second visit to Mainland China was during the Asia-Pacific High Performance Computing (HPC-Asia) Conference held in May 2000 in Beijing. My third visit to Mainland China was in April 2005 when I attended the ACM ICPC Regional Directors' Workshop and the 2005 ACM ICPC World Finals in Shanghai.

I will leave Manila at 2 pm via Cebu Pacific Airlines and will arrive in Xiamen at 4:20 p.m.

My student, Timothy James "TJ" Yusun, will also participate in the 3rd East Asia SIAM (EASIAM) Conference. TJ and I will present our paper "A Study on Modeling Landslide Dynamics Using Cellular Automata and the Minimization Algorithm." The schedule of our presentation is tomorrow afternoon, Nov. 2.

Cheers,

Raffy
11/1/07

No comments: