Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Birthday Reflection (2009)

.


It's my birthday today.


It's time for me to pause and reflect.


Have I done more good things than bad ones?


Have I made positive contributions to society and humankind?


Did I strive for excellence and service?


Did I make other people happy or sad?


Did I contribute to environmental protection or did I contribute to environmental degradation?
.
Did I contribute to the development of my country and people?


Have I been good to my parents and loved ones?


What are the things that I need to improve?


What are the bad habits that I need take out of my system?


Did I use my talents to improve the lives of other people?


Have I been true to myself and to other people?


Have I been a good servant of God?


Another year... another year older... and hopefully, another year wiser.


I thank all loved ones, relatives, friends, colleagues, and everyone who remember me on this special day.


I pray for humility, honesty, sincerity, faith, hope, and charity.


Bless me Lord.


Raffy Saldaña
11 November 2009



.

No comments: