Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Twitter, A Blogger, A Multiplier

.
Remember the phrase, "The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker" from a nursery rhyme?

Well, I have a modern version of that phrase..."A Twitter, A Blogger, A Multiplier."

Twitter refers to the social networking software that is freely available on the Web/Internet or a person who has a Twitter account.

Blogger refers to someone who writes a blog (like me) using a blogging software like Blogspot (or Blogger).

Multiplier is my term for someone who uses the social networking software Multiply -- which is reportedly very popular among Filipinos.

Well, I am a Twitter, a Blogger, and a Multiplier.I also subscribe to other social networking softwares such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Plaxo Pulse, WYAN, MySpace, Friendster, etc...

Why do I subscribe to these free softwares?

One reason is curiosity.

I'm curious about the features of these software, their functionalities, design, appearance, usability, and other software engineering aspects. Many of my colleagues in computing/computer science also subscribe to several social networking softwares for the same reason that I mentioned.

Of course, it also helps to connect to family members, friends, former classmates, colleagues and other people (even strangers) through these various softwares.

And most of all, they are free.

Raffy
7/2/08

No comments: