Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Quiet New Year's Day In The Mountain Of Banaue

Photo Caption: Famous Banaue Rice Terraces.
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org

It's New Year's Day and I am here in the mountain town of Banaue, Ifugao Province, Philippines. Banaue is famous for its rice terraces which date back to thousands of years ago.

I am accompanying some French colleagues who are spending their holiday in the Philippines. I have brought them to Tagaytay City; Taal, Batangas; Taal lake and volcano; Puerto Galera, Mindoro; Baguio City; Sagada and Bontoc, Mountain Province; and Banaue, Ifugao.

The weather here in Banaue is foggy, wet and cold. I injured my shoulder during our cave exploration in Sagada two days ago. Now I am spending a quiet day here in Banaue while my French visitors headed to the Batad rice terraces -- a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

I have not yet been to Batad. Unfortunately, Batad is still very far from Banaue and the road condition is bad. Oh well, there is always a next time :)

Happy New Year to All! May the Year of the Rat bring us peace, lots of blessings, and prosperity.

Cheers,

Raffy
1/1/08
in Banaue, Ifugao

Related Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banaue_Rice_Terraces

No comments: