Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trip To Moalboal, Cebu




Last Saturday, January 19, 2008 I went on a trip outside Cebu City. Originally I wanted to explore either Malapascua Island or Bantayan Island in northern Cebu; however, I opted for a shorter trip and I decided to go to Moalboal, Cebu for the first time.

From the the Cebu City South Bus Terminal, I took a Ceres bus around 9:00 a.m. It was a non-airconditioned bus. The bus fare was 50 pesos and the travel time was around two and a half hours.

I arrived in Moalboal before lunch time. I took my lunch in one of the small restaurants near the town plaza. Then I took a tricycle ride to Panagsama beach. The tricycle ride (special ride since I was the only passenger) costs 60 pesos (normally, 10 pesos only per passenger if there are more than 5 passengers).

In Panagsama beach (populated by diving shops, resort inns, restaurants, and souvenir stores) I stayed in a villa-type resort.

I was in Moalboal from Saturday (1/19/08) until Monday (1/21/08). In Panagsama beach, I was able to do short walks, swimming, and snorkeling. I wasn't able to do scuba diving because I forgot to bring my PADI card with me.

Related Links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moalboal,_Cebu

http://www.kontikidivers.com.ph/Moalboal.htm

No comments: