Monday, August 13, 2007

My High School Batchmates (PSHS '77)


I belong to the Philippine Science High School Class of 1977. This year (2007) is our 30th batch anniversary. Our batch is one of the jubilarian batches who are in charge of the Alumni Homecoming on September 1, 2007 at the Philippine Science High School, Diliman, Quezon City.


Recently, I created our batch blog, with address at http://www.pshs77.blogspot.com/


I also maintain an online batch photo album, with address at http://pshs77photos.blogspot.com/


Our batch also has an e-group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pshs77/ in which I am one of the moderators.


For our 30th anniversary batch projects, we plan to upgrade the PSHS research/biology Audio-Visual Room in the main building and to acquire computers and other equipment for the PSHS dormitory Internet Cafe for the benefit of the PSHS Diliman students. This is our way of "paying back" to our alma mater. (We had other projects for the school during previous years.)


After thirty (long) years, it feels good to know that your highschool batch is still "alive and kicking" and will always be there for you "no matter what" :)


Kudos to all PSHS '77 batchmates! Mabuhay tayong lahat!


Cheers,


Raf (Raffy)

8/14/07, in Quezon City



2 comments:

Ambo said...

Raffy,

Are you the one in eyeglasses in section ATOM? Guwapo ka pala noon!

Why are the girls in mini-skirts? During my daughter's time in Pisay (class 2002), all the girls wore really long skirts, all the way below the knee, almost reaching the ground. As a parent, I'm all for such really long skirts. My daughter can sit any way she likes, without danger of exposure.

Times have changed.

Rafael P. Saldaña, Ph.D. said...

Hi Doc,

Thanks for the comment.

Yes, I belong to section "Atom" in my senior year and I wore glasses. But I think you were referring to Rocky Ibasco and not me :) I was quite thin in high school, unlike now ): (My weight has more than doubled.)

During my high school days, some girls wore mini-skirts and some girls wore pants. I guess that was the "fashion" for girls at that time. I think, part of the "women's liberation movement".

Yes, times have indeed changed. But fashion, like history, tend to repeat itself :)


Cheers,

Raffy
8/15/07