Below are the details:
Project Title: EUASIAGRID - Towards a common e-Science infrastructure for the European and Asian Grids
Over-all Project Leader: Prof. Marco Paganoni, Instituto Nazional di Fisica Nucleare, Milan, Italy
Project Leader for Ateneo de Manila University: Dr. Rafael Saldaña
1. Instituto Nazionale di Fisica Nucleare (Italy)
2. CESNET, z.s.p.p. (Czhech Republic)
3. University of Manchester (United Kingdom)
4. HealthGrid (France)
5. Ateneo de Manila University (Philippines)
6. The Australian National University (Australia)
7. Academica Sinica (Taiwan)
8. Advanced Science and Technology Institute (Philippines)
9. Hydro and Agro Informatics Institute (Thailand)
10. Infocomm Development Authority (Singapore)
11. Ho Chi Minh City Institute of Information Technology (Vietnam)
12. Institute of Technology of Bandung (Indonesia)
13. National Electronics and Computer Technology Center (Thailand)
14. Universiti Putra Malaysia (Malaysia)
15. MIMOS Berhard (Malaysia)
The EUAsiaGrid project contributes to the aims of the EU Research Infrastructure FP7 Programme by "promoting international interoperation between similar infrastructures with the aim of reinforcing the global relevance and impact of European e-Infrastructure."
The project's main goal will be to pave the way towards an Asian e-Science Grid Infrastructure, in synergy with the other European Grid inititiatives in Asia, namely EGEE-III via its Asia Federation, and both the EUChina GRID and EU-IndiaGRID projects and their eventual follow on efforts. Taking advantage fo the existing global Grid technologies, with the specific emphasis on the European experience with the gLite middleware and applications running on top of it, the project plans to to encourage federating approaches across scientific disciplines and communities. EUAsiaGrid will act as a support action, aiming to define and implement a policy to promote the gLite middleware developed within the EU EGEE project across Asian copuntries. Its main actions will be to spread disemination, provide training, support scientifica applications and monitor the results.
Project Launch: We (the EUAsiaGrid Partners) will have a kick-off meeting in Academica Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan on April 7-11, 2008 during the International Symposium on Grid Computing 2008 (http://www2.twgrid.org/event/isgc2008/ ). I will participate in the Symposium as an invited speaker and give a presentation on our experiences on biomedical applications of Grid Computing.
Our cluster system administrator Allan Espinosa will join me in the project launch in Taiwan.
Rafael Saldaña, Ph.D.
Grid and High Performance Computing Research Group
School of Science and Engineering
Ateneo de Manila University
Loyola Heights, Quezon City 1108
Tel./Fax.: +63 2 4266125