Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Gramophone


Have you seen a gramophone?

A gramophone is system of sound recording invented by the German Emile Berliner in 1887.

Well, I saw one during my visit to an old house in Bauan, Batangas (see my blog post "A weekend in Batangas", 7/3/07). In this age of iPods it is very interesting to see an old music device such as a gramophone.

The gramophone in the old house is being displayed in its receiving area in the second floor. I wish that it is still operational; however, it is not. I wonder how much this gramophone would be auctioned in the eBay.




(Photo Caption: The gramophone inside the old house in Bauan, Batangas.)


(See http://inventors.about.com/od/gstartinventions/a/gramophone.htm for a history of the gramophone).


{Draft, 7/3/07}


No comments: