Tuesday, July 3, 2007

A "Haunted" House in Bauan, Batangas


In an earlier blog post ("A weekend in Batangas", 7/3/07) I mentioned that I stayed in an old house in Bauan, Batangas. According to my host, the house was built in 1936. It's original owner was a Filipino apple pickle in the USA, one of the original OFWs (overseas foreign workers). The house was then sold to the brother of our host, who renovated the place for more than one million pesos. Our host told me that the house was occupied by the Japanese army during the Second World War (1944 - 46 ?).

The house is the only remaining old house in that block. Because of this, many passersby think that the house is a haunted house, i.e., inhabited by ghosts. Our host even told us a few incidents where some of their guests "saw" ghosts during their stay in the house.

I dont' know. I have never seen ghosts in my entire life. Nevertheless, I got curious. However, during my overnight stay in the house, I never saw a ghost or felt the presence of one. It would be interesting to encounter some, perhaps :)

{Draft, 7/3/07}

No comments: