Saturday, July 28, 2007

Trip to Japan, Day 7


(Photo caption: A view of Mt. Fuji, source: http://www.fujisan.ne.jp/index_e.php )
{Note: This is a narration of my recent trip to Japan, from 7/17/07 to 7/30/07}

Day 7. July 23, 2007. Monday.

Today is a very significant day for me. From Kawaguchiko station I took the bus that brought me to the 5th station of Mt. Fuji (about halfway between the base and the peak of the mountain). I had lunch in one of the restaurants at the 5th station. I started my climb at 11:10 a.m. By 12:00 noon I reached the 6th station of Mt. Fuji. The climb from the 6th station to the 7th station was very difficult. To inspire me to continue my climb, I wrote some haikus :)
{ More details later. }

From the 7th station to the 8th station, one can see several mountain huts (or lodges). The path to the 8th station is very rocky. I reached the 8th station at around 6:00 p.m. I decided to stay in one of the mountain lodges at the 8th station called Horaikan. {More details later.}

No comments: