Saturday, July 28, 2007

Trip to Japan, Day 9



(Photo Caption: With Tess in a restaurant in Kodaira, Tokyo, Japan, 7/25/07)

{Note: This is a narration of my recent trip to Japan, from 7/17/07 to 7/30/07}

Day 9. July 25, 2007. Wednesday.

Today I woke up early again. I went to Kawaguchiko lake area and took some photos. The place was very beautiful, the lake is surrounded by mountains. I was lucky to have a glimpse of Mt. Fuji! But it was very short, since the mountain was always engulfed by clouds.

I left Kawaguchiko station at 9:30 a.m. aboard the JR 'Highway Bus' to Tokyo station. We had a brief stop-over at Gotemba (sometimes spelled as Gotenba). The bus arrived at Tokyo station at 12:30. At the Tokyo station I went to the JR ticket office and bought tickets for my trip to Nikko and the shinkansen to the Narita airport from Tokyo.

After buying tickets I looked for the Chuo line platforms going to Shin-Kodaira station. The trip to Shin-Kodaira station involved several rides: first I took the Rapid Line to Takao and alighted at Kokubunji station. From Kokubunji I took another train going to Nishi-Kokubunji, and from Nishi-Kokubunji I transferred to another train going to Shin-Kodaira station.

It was almost 3:00 p.m. when I arrived to the Shin-Kodaira station. I called my friend (former classmate in college) Tess, who later picked me up at the train station. We had late lunch in a hamburger place in Kodaira (where Tess and her family live) together with two of Tess's children, Kei (a pre-law college students) and Sachi (a first year high school student).

After having lunch we proceeded to Tess's house in Kodaira.

In the evening, I was treated to a steak dinner in a restaurant in Kodaira with Tess and her family. Together with us were Jun (the husband of Tess), Kei, Aya (Tess's daughter who is a special child), and Sachi.

Since I was very tired from my trip I slept early that night. Tess let me use their tatami room. There were two soccer games that night being aired on tv: Korea versus Iraq, and Japan versus Saudi Arabia. Since I was sound asleep I had no consciousness of the soccer games being watched by Tess and her children in the tv room.

No comments: