Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Back to School: First Day of Classes (Ateneo de Manila University)

.

After one year of sabbatical leave and one term of summer leave I am now back to my teaching duties in Ateneo de Manila University. And I felt "excited."

Today, 10 June 2008, is the start of classes for the first semester of the schoolyear 2008-2009.

Here are some of the activities that transpired during my first day in school:

1. Attended the WIPAS culminating activity organized by the Department of Electronics Communications and Computer Engineering (ECCE) held from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 nn (with lunch aftterwards) in Rm. CTC 201. There were Japanese visitors (from Japan Radio company), government officials (from the Philippine Port Authority and PAG-ASA), and university officials (Dr. Antonette Palma, Dr. Ma. Assunta Cuyegkeng, Dr. Fabian Dayrit, etc.) during the culminating activity.

2. Met my Ma 20 A (Calculus for Economists) class.

3. Met my Ma 195a.15 (Seminar in Numerical Analysis) class.

4. Was informed that I will have an additional teaching load -- AMC 124 (Discrete Mathematics for Computer Science).

5. Followed-up the necessary documents for my (SCHENGEN) visa interview tomorrow, June 11 (Wed) at the French Embassy in Makati City for my trip to France in July.

6. Went to the library to borrow books that I will use as supplementary materials for my classes.

.

No comments: